Mauve is Recruiting - HR Co-ordinator (Switzerland)
Location: Applicants from Switzerland, based in Switzerland while remote working.
HR advice and administration
Location: Applicants from Switzerland, based in Switzerland, remote working.
Do you have an affinity for people processes and services? Do you want to work remotely and with some flexibility?
Who is Mauve Group?
Mauve Group is a trusted partner to organisations of any size, seeking to expand their horizons and achieve growth beyond their home markets.
Mauve Group is a leading provider of Global Workforce Solutions, Business Expansion, and HR Consultancy Services. Since 1996, Mauve have successfully supported organisations to conquer new markets in more than 150 countries worldwide.
Come join our team, where your excellent eye for detail, energy, personal touch, emotional intelligence, and drive will ensure you make the most of this unique opportunity to learn and grow in the international HR space.
In return, we will offer a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a flexible working package.
We presently have a registered office in Baar, Zug Canton. However, you will work remotely.
You must be able to legally work in Switzerland.
Job Title: HR Coordinator (Switzerland)
Department: Global People and Culture
Reporting To: Global People and Culture Director
- Permanent – Part-time working 50% to 60 % (based on a 40-hour week)
- Remote working
- Flexible weekly working hours M/F – to be agreed
In the role of an HR Generalist, based in Switzerland, you are part of our international HR team and will undertake a variety of HR and administrative tasks linked to the employee life cycle processes.
You will be the first point of contact for employees (Mauve and EoR) in Switzerland and assigned areas. The role will provide both practical internal and external HR and administrative support within the Mauve Group. You will liaise with relevant Swiss authorities, where appropriate, to ensure compliance in respect of employer, employer of record, and associated regulations/licences.
The post holder is also expected to support policy development and other people development and research-based projects, to support our people and consultancy arm.
Competencies and behaviours
- Skilled communicator
- Emotionally intelligent
- Relationship building
- Understands importance of confidentiality in an HR context.
- Prioritises urgent work
- Plans daily workload to maximise efficiency
- Understands the importance of deadlines
- Understands the importance of detail.
- Enjoys a fast-paced business environment
- Hands-on able to work under pressure
- Able to prioritise
- Effective at planning and administration
- Efficient resource-management
- Complete finisher.
- Manages time well
- Good understanding of time zones/working locations.
- Critical thinker
- Defining a problem and examining evidence
- Tolerant of ambiguity
- Ability to undertake research.
- Works proactively as part of the team and independently
Computer and digital literacy:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 360, especially Excel and HR information systems, for e.g. Sage, Microsoft Teams, Yammer, Adobe Reader.
- Ability to form documentation and to produce checklists and flow charts.
- Not afraid to take initiative
- Able to take ownership of all business worked on
- Willing to take responsibility for decisions made
- Eagerness to learn
- Understands the business is ever evolving and there is always something new to take the time to learn.
- Can take a step back and consider solutions to problems from different angles
- Open to new ideas
- Not afraid of new ways of working and the use of new technology
- Ability and willingness to learn international HR and Global Mobility.
Knowledge and Expertise: Solid knowledge of HR operations and employment law, immigration, regulations, and compliance for Switzerland.
Language: Essential - Able to communicate effectively in German and English, both oral and written (and either French, Italian, Romanian would be helpful, but not essential)
- Global People and Culture Director
- Global Payroll Manager
- Operations Director
- Global HR and Compliance Manager
- Local Swiss Mauve Partner
- Global Benefits Services Manager
- Mauve Finance Manager
- Global Contracts Manager
- Recruitment Specialist.
- Acting as a direct HR point of contact for employees' queries, related to various HR processes and issues. Assisting with both Mauve internal employees and Employer of record employees.
- Advising employees/managers/clients on Swiss-specific labour laws, sick leave, maternity leave, pension withdrawal, reference letters, child allowance etc.
- Working closely with the Mauve recruitment specialist, to support the recruitment process in Switzerland and internationally – by helping managers/clients to draft and place job adverts, and provide advice and guidance on recruitment issues.
- Responsible for HR-related documentation and compliance. Process and issue various employment documentation such as checking references, issuing offer letters, contracts of employment, alterations/variations, processing work permit applications, remote work assessments, as well as providing reference letters for employees in Switzerland.
- Preparing payroll documentation, where appropriate, and work closely with our Finance Department/local partners and others linked to international payrolls.
- Supporting managers/clients with the employee life cycle; on-boarding, induction, probation, off-boarding, leave management, sickness recording, absence management, performance management, training and development, grievances, disciplinaries etc.
- Occasionally undertaking international research/benchmarking on HR related topics and providing advice to colleagues and clients.
- Supporting managers/clients with employee welfare issues.
- Assisting with the implementation of the revised Performance Management framework and the new Mauve Group pay and grading structure.
- Supporting HR policy reviews and develop new Mauve Group policies, as well as policies specific to Switzerland.
- Assisting with HR-related projects.
- Undertaking other reasonable HR activities, requested by Senior Management.
- Working with relevant Swiss authorities, to ensure Mauve Group Switzerland AG maintains compliance with Swiss regulatory requirements – in terms of its employment and employer of record obligations.
- Maintaining accurate confidential online records of employee information our HRIS: Sage, and our associated HR folders.
- Performing accidents, sickness, and family allowances, for e.g. childcare registration and administration and other administrative tasks.
- Running reports, analyse data, understand existing trends, and provide insights on existing processes.
- Updating the Mauve Group Staff Handbook.
- Formatting support for HR documentation.
- Learning and development records and administration.
- Recommending process improvements for existing HR processes.
- Essential: Bachelor's Degree
- Preferred or Specialised: Eidg professional certificate (HR)/Federal Diploma or equivalent professional qualification recognised in Switzerland.
- Essential: Minimum 3 years of HR Generalist work experience in Switzerland, HR Operations, HR Process Management – in either the private corporate, public, or not-for-profit sectors. Solid knowledge of employment law, immigration, and regulations for Switzerland. Able to speak and write German and English in a business context.
- Desirable: Experience of working in international and complex organisations.
1. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment.
2. This job description may be from time to time amended by the Employer.
3. In addition to the duties set out, you may from time to time be required to undertake additional or other duties, as necessary, to meet the needs of the Employer’s business.
How to apply:
Applications should include a cover letter indicating your salary expectation and your Curriculum Vitae - in English.
Email your complete application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state title of the role for which you are applying in the subject line - HR COORDINATOR SWITZERLAND
Closing date for applications: 15 October 2023
First remote interviews, likely to be held: Week beginning 30 October 2023.
We aim to respond to every application. However, sometimes, due to the volume of applications we receive, this may not be possible. If you have not heard from us by 31 October 2023, then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Mauve Group reserves the right to close this post early should we receive enough applicants.
Please indicate in your cover letter if you wish to be notified about future opportunities, if you are not selected for this role. If you do not indicate this, we will be required to delete your personal information in line with European law.
Equality & Diversity Statement:
Mauve Group operates in many different parts of the world, each with its own unique cultural identity, and is committed to achieving a working environment which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from unlawful discrimination. We will endeavour to accept, respect, and celebrate our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and by leveraging these differences, we encourage innovation and drive business growth.
View all posts
Mauve is Recruiting - Client Services Assistant
Looking for a new and exciting challenge working for a fast-growing global expansion company? This may be the role for you!
Mauve shortlisted for the GoGlobal Awards 2023
Last year, Mauve won the GoGlobal Women in Business Award.