Mauve is recruiting – Payroll Administrative Officer
Join our Global Payroll team, today.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Global Payroll team. This role involves delivering HR services to support the 100 internal employees of Mauve Group.
This role will suit a candidate seeking to utilise and develop numerical, administrative, and problem-solving skills.
UK, Cyprus, ROI, or Kenya – you must have the right to work in one of these countries.
Employment and contract type
- Permanent contract.
- Monday to Friday – 09:00 to 17:00, with some flexibility regarding normal working hours. On occasion, you may need to work outside your normal working hours to support international business needs and time zones.
Who is Mauve Group, and what do we do?
Mauve Group was established in 1996 – with our first office being a broom cupboard, above a post office in Teolo, Italy. Fast-forward nearly three decades and, today, we stand tall as a leading, award-winning Employer of Record, and global workforce solutions and HR consultancy provider.
To date, we’ve partnered with more than 2,250 start-ups and multi-national corporations across over 70 industries – supporting every stage of their international roadmap, as they grow beyond their home markets.
From compliance to marketing, HR to payroll, our in-house teams are a global community, situated around the world to support our clients on their time zones. Working flexibly from office locations or hybrid / remotely, Mauve’s people help our clients to benefit from reduced risks, lower costs, and faster timescales when they expand or employ overseas.
We have almost 100 employees, based in several countries including the UK, Cyprus, Italy, Republic of Ireland, Colombia, Kenya, Philippines, Singapore, New Zealand, and Australia.
But that’s not all. As you may expect from a people-led company like ours, everyone at Mauve Group shares a common passion – to deliver high quality, high impact work. In return, we provide you with a range of benefits and perks – more on these a little later.
The main purpose of your role
As part of our growth plans, we’re looking for a Payroll Administrative Officer to join our Global Payroll team. Reporting to the Global Payroll Manager, you’ll coordinate all monthly payroll activities within your own allocated countries and liaise with our clients and local payroll providers/accountants – ensuring a timely and accurate payment of wages.
Plus, you’ll have provide Sales and Business Development (BD) teams with accurate payroll simulations, based on client requirements, as well as support with follow-up queries.
Main responsibilities include:
Alongside the above, you’ll be:
- Monitoring and recording any payroll changes confirmed to us by our clients, to ensure all changes are accurately processed in the relevant month.
- Monitoring all new starters, to ensure they are registered on the local payrolls - in line with the local requirements - as soon as their employment contracts are signed.
- Monitoring all leavers and ensuring final payments are processed in the final month.
- Reviewing and approving monthly payroll reports and invoices from local partners and representatives.
- Ensuring all payroll reports are produced in time to meet employee pay dates.
- Providing the Finance teams with monthly invoicing figures.
- Monitoring any payroll queries received from employees and/or our clients, to ensure responses are provided in a timely manner.
- The main point of contact to assist the Payroll Manager with reviewing and redesigning practices/processes, and taking on project work – when necessary.
- Leading regular reviews of local legislation, to ensure payroll in every country is compliant and our clients are informed of any changes.
- Checking work produced by Payroll Assistants for accuracy and timeliness.
- Working with payroll colleagues to minimise errors.
To thrive at your role, we expect you will be/have:
- Educated to first degree level in a related subject or relevant payroll qualification/accreditation.
- 3+ years’ experience of working within a busy finance, accounts, payroll office, or similar.
- Advanced English communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience of business administration.
- Experience of handling sensitive and confidential data.
- Advanced IT skills (MS Office).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of working on projects, with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work to deadlines with multiple priorities.
- An additional language is desirable but not mandatory, with a preference for Spanish.
For further details about the role, please read our job description.
Company perks and benefits, to look forward to, include:
- A generous annual leave entitlement (alongside public holidays, specific to your location).
- A truly flexible, remote working environment.
- Access to Mauve Academy, launching in January 2024 – an online L&D portal, to help you develop and learn new skills, and understand how to apply them.
- A yearly training allowance, to promote personal and career growth – upskill yourself, gain a certificate, and apply your learnings.
- Pension and Mauve Group pension contribution, where applicable.
- Lots of fun opportunities, such as domestic and international travel (where it’s linked to your role), departmental meetups, and company-wide events.
Please address your cover letter - indicating why you want to work at Mauve Group, how your experience, skills, and qualifications meet the main duties of the role, and salary expectations - to the hiring managers, Sujata Sagrani, Talent Acquisition Executive and Chris Williams, People and Culture Director.
Email this alongside your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line. Good luck!
Applications close on 9th February 2024. First round interviews likely to be held from 19th February 2024.
We try to respond to every application; but at times, this isn’t possible due to volume. If you’ve not heard from us by 22nd February 2024, then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you wish to be notified about future opportunities, if not selected for this role. If you don’t state this, we’ll be required to delete your personal information in line with European law.
Equality & diversity statement
Mauve Group operates in many different parts of the world - each with its own unique cultural identity - and is committed to achieving a working environment, which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination.
We will endeavour to accept, respect, and celebrate our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and by leveraging these differences, we encourage innovation and drive business growth.
View all posts
Mauve to co-host Welsh sport, business, and culture event at Wales Week London 2024
Reserve your free ticket and join us, as we co-host a special one-off evening - as part of Wales Week London - celebrating ED&I across Welsh sport, business, and culture.