Mauve is recruiting – Global Payroll Officer
Join our global Payroll team, today.
About the role
UK, Cyprus, or Ireland – and depending on your location, work can be office-based (where we have an office), hybrid, or remote.
Employment and contract type
Full-time and permanent.
Who is Mauve Group, and what do we do?
Mauve Group was established in 1996 – with our first office being a broom cupboard, above a post office in Teolo, Italy. Fast-forward nearly three decades, and today we stand tall as a leading, award-winning Employer of Record and workforce solutions provider in the global HR industry.
To date, we’ve partnered with more than 2,250 start-ups and multi-national corporations across over 70 industries – supporting every stage of their international roadmap, as they grow beyond their home markets.
From compliance to marketing, HR to payroll, our in-house teams are a global community, situated around the world to support our clients on their time zones. Working flexibly from office locations or hybrid/remotely, Mauve’s people help our clients to benefit from reduced risks, lower costs, and faster timescales when they expand or employ overseas.
But that’s not all. As you may expect from a people-led company like ours, everyone at Mauve Group shares a common passion – to deliver high quality, high impact work. In return, we provide you with a range of benefits and perks – more on these a little later.
The main purpose of your role
As part of our growth plans, we’re looking for two Global Payroll Officers to join our global Payroll team. You’ll be responsible for supporting the activities of the Payroll department. You’ll co-ordinate all monthly payroll activities within your own allocated countries – liaising with our clients and local payroll providers/accountants, ensuring the timely and accurate payment of wages.
Plus, you’ll provide our Sales and Business Development teams with accurate payroll simulations, based on client requirements – and provide support with follow-up queries.
What will you be doing as a Global Payroll Officer?
- Ensuring the monthly payrolls, in each of your allocated countries, are accurately and efficiently processed efficiently in a timely manner each month.
- Monitoring and recording any payroll changes - confirmed to us, by our clients - to ensure all changes are accurately processed in the relevant month.
- Monitoring all new starters, to ensure they’re registered on the local payrolls in line with the local requirements – as soon as their employment contracts are signed.
- Monitoring all leavers, and ensuring final payments are processed in the final month.
- Reviewing and approving monthly payroll reports and invoices from local partners/representatives.
- Ensuring all payroll reports are produced in time, to meet employee pay dates.
- Providing the Finance teams with monthly invoicing figures.
- Monitoring any payroll queries - received from employees and/or our clients - to ensure responses are provided in a timely manner.
- Producing payroll cost simulations for the Sales and Business Development team, and answering any queries.
- Being the main point of contact to assist the Payroll Manager with reviewing and redesigning practices/processes – and taking on project work, when necessary.
- Leading regular reviews of local legislation, to ensure our payrolls in every country are compliant and our clients are informed of any changes.
- Checking work produced by Payroll Assistants, to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Work with payroll team colleagues, to minimise errors.
To thrive at your role, we expect you will be/have:
- Educated to first degree level, in a related subject or relevant payroll qualification/accreditation.
- 3+ years’ experience of working within a busy finance, accounts, or payroll office, or similar.
- Advanced English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Experience of business administration.
- Experience of handling sensitive and confidential data.
- Advanced IT skills (MS Office).
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Experience of working on projects and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Solutions-based and engage critical thinking skills.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work to deadlines with multiple priorities.
- Able to speak additional languages (deemed an advantage, especially Spanish, but not necessary).
Company perks and benefits you can look forward to
- A good annual leave entitlement (alongside public holidays, specific to your location).
- A truly flexible, hybrid working environment.
- Mauve Academy, set to launch in early 2024 – an online L&D portal, to help you develop and learn new skills, and understand how to apply them.
- Yearly training allowance, to promote personal and career growth – upskill yourself, gain a certificate, and apply your learnings.
- Pension and Mauve Group pension contribution, where applicable.
- And lots of fun opportunities, such as domestic and international travel (where it’s linked to your role), departmental/office meetups, and company-wide events.
Please address your cover letter (indicating why you want to work at Mauve Group, and how your experience, skills, and qualifications meet the needs of the role) to Chris Williams, Global People & Culture Director and Sujata Sagrani, Talent Acquisition Executive – email this alongside your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. And don’t forget to state the job title in the subject line.
Applications close on Sunday 3 December, 2023 – with interviews likely to be held between 14 December to 20 December, 2023.
We try to respond to every application. But at times, it’s not always possible due to the volume. If you’ve not heard from us by Thursday 7 December, 2023, then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please indicate in your cover letter whether or not you wish to be notified about future opportunities, if not selected for this role. If you don’t state this, we’ll be required to delete your personal information in line with European law.
Equality & diversity statement
Mauve Group operates in many different parts of the world - each with its own unique cultural identity - and is committed to achieving a working environment, which provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination.
We will endeavour to accept, respect, and celebrate our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences – and by leveraging these differences, we encourage innovation and drive business growth.
View all posts